If you are travelling outside of Europe you'll may need a worldwide travel policy as some only cover the UK and European destinations.

For worldwide trips that will be longer than 60 days, you will need to consider specialist backpackers or 'gap year' insurance policies.

In addition, countries that are high security risks may also be excluded, meaning you'll have to pay a bit extra, so do make sure you read the small print.

Call us now on 01708 753179 to speak to one of our specialist insurance advisers.