A holiday home is vulnerable to the same risks as your main home. The roof could be damaged by a storm, flooding could ruin the decor, or a burglar could break in and steal your wide-screen TV. If you own a holiday home, buildings and contents insurance is therefore essential, in addition to holiday home insurance which covers you for leaving the property empty for more than 30 days a year, and any lettings periods.

Why do I need holiday home insurance?

You need insurance cover specifically for second or holiday homes as insurers don't cover holiday homes as standard because they are considered too risky. If a home is left empty for long periods, for example, there is a greater chance of a burst pipe or a water leak. Theft is also more likely if a house is unoccupied. And if a home is let, tenants do not always take as much care of the property as the owners.

To get your holiday home insurance quote today call us now on 01708 753179