If you have your own internet business and you are trading from home you need the right internet trading insurance and home insurance cover to keep you fully protected.

Make sure you're protected

Many people assume their home insurance will provide the right insurance cover for their online business, but your stock and liabilities are unlikely to be protected, leaving you exposed should the worst happen. In some cases running a business from home could impact your existing home insurance, so be sure to check this policy and it's worth getting full home emergency cover too.

What is included in our internet traders insurance?

Our specialised internet traders insurance is designed for small traders and business selling via internet sites or portals such as eBay. Whether you sell digitally or sell physical stock that you deliver, our insurance policy can be tailored to your specific internet business needs.

Our insurance protection includes the following options:

  • Public and product liability for internet traders as a core element
  • A range of optional extras including stock, business contents and full legal expenses cover for goods in transit from postage through to carrier
  • Additional policy extensions to include business money, packing materials and stamps
  • Various levels of insurance excess
  • Accidental damage
  • Employers liability for internet traders (up to five employees)

Is product liability insurance for your internet business?

Although not a compulsory class of insurance, legislation including the Consumer Protection Act 1987 and the EC Directive on Product Liability (25/7/85) does require those manufacturing and supplying goods to carry some form of product liability insurance. Luckily, our internet trading insurance policy has this as an integral part of the internet sellers insurance policy.

Get your internet traders insurance quote today and cover your business with a bespoke policy.